Disability and Specific Learning Disorders (SLD) Support Service
In compliance with the provisions of Law No. 17 dated 28 January 1999 and Law No. 170 dated 8 October 2010, Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore has established a Support Service for Students with Disabilities and Students with Specific Learning Disorders (hereinafter referred to as “Support Service”).
With the assistance of the Administration Office and of a specialised pedagogical staff, the Support Service aims to accompany the students through their university experience by supporting their journey from the enrolment up to their graduation.
To whom it is addressed
Students who wish to take advantage of the Support Service must be in possession of at least one of the following valid documents:
- ‘Declaration of invalidity’ pursuant to Article 20 of Law No. 102 dated 3 August 2009;
- ‘Proof of disability documentation' pursuant to Law No. 104 dated 5 February 1992;
- Medical certificate attesting a temporary disability (e.g.: fracture of the arm);
- Specific Learning Disorder (SLD) certificate, dated within 3 years of the time of enrolment or after the age of 18 (stating at least one of the disorders required by Law 170/2010 – dyslexia, dysgraphia, dysorthograhy, dyscalculia – and the relevant nosographic codes).
Any other type of health document will be approved only subsequent to evaluation by the Support Service’s Internal Commission.
The Support Service reserves the right to request any supplementary documentation to better guarantee personalised support.
- Management of administrative practices.
- Accompanying service for disabled students.
- Support strategy on teaching materials.
- Advising for newly enrolled students: supporting the student in the choice of the Degree Programme an in the initial phase of attendance to lessons providing information and strategies useful for undertaking the university experience.
- Pedagogical consultancy service (through individual interviews and group meetings): didactic assistance focusing on the student’s needs for course attendance and for passing exams.
- E-learning and teaching consultancy service: organization of periodic individual and group meetings to identify the most appropriate technological solutions to support the university experience.
At all University campuses, the Support Service is guaranteed by a Rector’s Delegate and a manager who coordinate:
- the four administration offices of Milan, Brescia, Piacenza and Rome;
- the seven pedagogical consultants who will support the student throughout the academic experience;
- the staff dedicated to accompanying the transporting students with disabilities around the university areas and between the various adjacent locations.
Piacenza and Cremona
For information about the Support Service in the Rome Campus, you may contact the Student Services (Giovanni XXIII Building – Largo Francesco Vito 1, 00168 Rome).
fax. +39 06 3015 4751
Monday, tuesday, wednesday: 9.30 - 15.00
Thursday: 13.00 - 16.00
Friday: 9.30 - 12.00