Pursuant to the provisions of current legislation on the protection of personal data, by means of this policy, Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, as Data Controller (hereinafter also referred to as the "University" or the "Data Controller"), intends to provide users with all the most useful information regarding cookies installed on https://www.unicatt.it (hereinafter the "website").
This document is an integral part of the information on the processing of personal data, available at Privacy
1. What are cookies
Cookies are small text strings that websites visited by the user send to the computer and to any device used to access the Internet (such as smartphones and tablets), where they are stored and then retransmitted to the same sites the next time the same user visits.
Cookies can be stored permanently and have a variable duration (persistent cookies), but can also disappear when the browser is closed or have a limited duration (session cookies). In the same way, cookies can be installed from the site you are visiting (first-party cookies), but also from other websites (third-party cookies) and are used to perform computer authentication, session tracking and information storage regarding the activities of users accessing a particular site. Depending on the purpose of use, they are divided into:
- Navigation cookies and functionality: used for authentication and user experience improvement purposes (e.g. storage of language preferences);
- Analytical cookies: used by the site operator to collect information about users who visit the site;
- Profiling cookies: used for advertising purposes to send messages in line with users' preferences collected while surfing the web;
- Social Cookies: used to allow interaction with social networks.
- Navigation and functionality cookies;
- Analytical cookies are only used directly by the site operator to collect information, in aggregate and anonymous form, on the number of users and how they visit the site.
According to current legislation, it is not necessary to obtain the user's consent for the installation of technical cookies.
2. First party technical cookies
The Site uses the following types of first-party technical cookies:
- Session Cookies: essential to allow the user to move around the Site and make proper use of its services. As they are not stored on the user's computer, they disappear when the browser shuts down;
- Functionality Cookies: these are designed solely to improve and speed up navigation on the Site by storing certain choices made by the user (such as language preferences).
They are therefore tools used by the Data Controller to guarantee, for example, efficient navigation, session stability, log-in permanence and pre-selection of the optional navigation country. They also serve to remember, anonymously, the choices made by the user regarding the display of certain elements of the page, such as information and communication banners.
As already stated, the use of technical cookies and the performance of processing related to them does not require the prior consent of the user.
In any case, it is still possible for the latter to prevent the installation of such cookies at any time through the settings of its browser, as indicated below in this policy, being aware that such a choice could however complicate, slow down and sometimes block navigation on the Site and, more generally, on the Internet.
3. Third-party technical cookies
Google Analytics' cookies are used to collect, in an aggregate and anonymous way, information on how users use the Site (number of visitors, pages visited, time spent, conversions, etc.). This information is generally used to improve the functionality of the Site, for example by allowing the recording of any errors detected by users and thus ensuring a smoother and more immediate navigation.
However, it is not possible to exclude, since these activities are beyond the control of the Data Controller, that Google may enrich/ expand or cross-reference the information obtained through these cookies - which the user's browser transmits to Google in the United States according to the relevant terms of service - with other data at its disposal, for purposes outside the scope of this policy.
To deactivate the installation of these cookies, please follow the procedures indicated in the following links:
4. How to disable cookies
Without prejudice to the right to stop the installation of cookies as indicated above, given that most browsers are programmed to accept cookies automatically, the user may choose not to receive cookies, especially when the third party involved does not give the opportunity to exercise the correct opt-out, even by accessing the settings of the browser and disabling its use, according to the procedures described at the following addresses:
However, it is important to consider that deactivating cookies may have an impact on your Internet browsing or prevent you from moving freely from one page to another or taking advantage of all the website features.
For more information about cookies, you can go to www.youronlinechoices.com (limited to the services surveyed by that platform), to obtain information on how to delete or manage cookies depending on the browser used and to set the usage preferences of third parties.
5. Communication and dissemination of data
I dati raccolti attraverso i cookie potranno essere trattati dai dipendenti e dalle società esterne che collaborano con l’Università, rispettivamente in qualità di incaricati e responsabili del trattamento. The data collected through cookies may be processed by employees and external companies collaborating with Università Cattolica as Designated Representatives and Data Processors, respectively.
The list of Designated Data Processors is constantly updated and available at Università Cattolica headquarters.
Such data will not be disseminated, but in case of third-party cookies may also be transferred outside the European Union by and under the exclusive control of the companies that manage and install them.
6. Data Controller and Data Protection Officer
The Controller of the processing of your Data is Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, with registered office in Largo Agostino Gemelli 1, 20123 Milan, telephone (+39) 027234.1.
The University has appointed a Data Protection Officer, D.P.O., Mr.Ferdinando Zanatti email firstname.lastname@example.org
7. Rights of the data subject
As Data subject you have the right to:
- Ask the Controller for access to your data, that it be cancelled, rectified if inaccurate, integrated if incomplete, and for processing to be limited in cases set forth in Art. 18 of the GDPR;
- Object, at any time, in full or partially, to processing of Data needed for pursuance of the legitimate interest of the Controller;
- If the conditions for the portability right pursuant to Art. 20 of the GDPR exist, receive in a form that is structured, commonly used and readable with an automatic device the Data supplied to the Controller and, if technically feasible, transmit it to another Controller with no problems;
- Revoke consent granted at any time;
- Present a complaint to the competent control Authority.
Those rights may be exercised by registered post, addressed to Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, Direzione Amministrativa (Office of the General Manager) – Privacy, Largo Agostino Gemelli 1, 20123, Milan, or by email to email@example.com.
Updated on: 2 August 2018